THANK YOU to Silhouette for this great tutorial!!
What you'll need:
- Glass decanter or other glass kitchenware
- Silhouette glass etching starter kit
- Cotton balls and rubbing alcohol
- Small paint brush or q-tip
- Gloves (optional)
- Design or phrase from the Silhouette Design Store
- Measure your bottle to determine the size you want the phrase to be.
- Resize the phrase in Silhouette Studio® and cut out the stencil vinyl.
- Clean the glass surface using a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol.
- Using the transfer paper, apply the stencil to the glass.
- Liberally apply the etching cream to the exposed glass. Allow to sit about 60 seconds.
- Scrape excess etching cream back into the bottle.
- Rinse well and then remove stencil vinyl.